The lab is looking for highly motivated scientists with a desire to engage in multidisciplinary research at the interface of chemistry and biology.
Contact email@example.com with the following information:
1. A letter stating your goals and interests in the Carlson Laboratory, including when you would like to start and how long you would like to stay. Only those students available for at least one year need apply.
2. Academic transcript (unofficial accepted) including your major GPA overall GPA.
3. A description of what you plan to do following graduation (e.g., graduate school, medical school, etc.)
4. The name of the chemistry faculty member that knows you best.
Funding: No funding is provided during the academic year. Academic credits are calculated as: 4 hours in the laboratory = 1 credit. Undergraduates interested in working during the summer must apply for summer support.
Summer Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
1. University of Minnesota Chemistry REU program - LANDO.
Potential graduate students please visit the following websites: Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Biochemistry. Molecular Biology and Biophysics. Current graduate students please contact Professor Carlson to set up a meeting.
Postdoctoral fellow positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Carlson in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Minnesota.
Candidates must have completed their PhD training in chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, or microbiology. Successful candidates will have demonstrated potential for independent research supported by a strong publication record, ambitious scientific goals, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively with a team. Successful applicants will be offered a competitive salary and benefits, along with the advantages of being a critical member of a high-quality research team in a collaborative research environment. Successful candidate(s) will be expected to lead innovative, cutting-edge research projects, which will provide the foundation for their future career goals.
Applicants should email their CV, personal research statement, and the contact information for three references (including their present and previous mentors) to:
Erin E. Carlson, PhD
Department of Chemistry
University of Minnesota
207 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455